To continue to improve the quality of the building envelope.
To support, encourage and influence all key stakeholders in employing best practice throughout the process of delivering better building envelopes, focusing on curtain walling, windows, glazing and cladding solutions.
What is the CWCT?
An independent industry funded centre of specialist knowledge and expertise available to its Members as well as the wider industry.
CWCT publishes standards, guidance and technical publications and provides focused courses for both Members and non-members. This includes an internationally recognised course providing an MSc in Façade Engineering in collaboration with the University of the West of England (UWE).
CWCT provides guidance, standards and training to help Members improve their competence and knowledge, as well as offering beneficial rates on courses and publications.
A full list of benefits can be found on our website https://www.cwct.co.uk/pages/member-benefits
Our Externally focused Core Tasks
- Publishing Technical Standards and guidance
- Providing training to the industry including an MSc course specialising in Façade Engineering
- Capturing and listening to the experiences of our key stakeholders and Members in order to respond to emerging challenges
- Speaking at lectures and industry events to promote the Centre, our values and aspirations for the industry
- Promoting the CWCT’s role to the industry, Regulatory Bodies, Government and other influencing organisations.
Who are our Key Stakeholders?
- Clients (building owners, developers, investors etc)
- Façade consultants
- Façade engineers
- Specialist façade contractors / specialist façade supply chain
- Main contractors
- Other key consultants – e.g. building services engineers, structural engineers, building surveyors, fire engineers
- Government e.g. building regulatory authorities.
As an information provider, including as publisher of standards and guidance,